Text size: A A A
Conservatory, Enville Hall, Enville, Staffordshire
click to return to image details
The glasshouse at Enville Hall was constructed for the Earl of Stamford and Warrington in 1854. It is an exotic structure which combines gothic windows with 'Indian' domes. A demolition team stationed at Enville Hall during World War II blew the glasshouse up for practice.


Copyright: Reproduced by permission of English Heritage.NMR
Reference: bb80/03043
Location: Staffordshire >> Enville Date Taken: circa 1910
Period: Victorian (1837 - 1901)
Keywords: country, house, lake, building, architecture, garden, conservatory, design, gothic, dome, Victorian (1837 - 1901)
Images By Theme: N/A



Back to Detail © Historic England 2014 - All rights reserved.